How it works - principles
We sell advertising in four slots each of size 200 x 200 pixels, which are located on the right hand sidebar. There is also a 728 x 90 pixel "leaderboard" at the top of the page, as well as 120 x 160 pixel slots in the left hand column. "e offer each advertiser a shared slot, one between two. We sell each slot twice and each purchaser gets every other page impression.
For each advertisement that you place with us, you send us the following details:
- A JPG, GIF or PNG file for the advertisement (which should be no more than 200 kbytes in size).
- A URL for a link where you wish to send users if they click on the advertisement.
- The first and last dates for which you want the advertisement to run. We normally expect a minimum of one month's run: shorter runs will be subject to a surcharge. We start ads on the first of the month.
- We ensure that your ad is displayed to site visitors.
How it works - more details
We display all ads on all pages (except the home page). If we have filled more than the four slots available, we allocate ads to slots on a random basis.
You may now specify a list of countries in which you wish your ad to be shown. This is not 100% accurate, due to limitations of the process of determining a user's country from the IP address, but is a strong help in ensuring that as far as possible, your ad is shown only to people in the right part of the world.
We will normally bill you at the end of the ad run, but we may need to bill monthly if the run is long; we can also bill in advance if you have specified a capped number of impresions.
If you have a credit limit with us, we e-mail you an invoice at time of billing. If your account with us is on a pay-as-you-go basis, you will need to purchase some credits to top up your account; we deduct credits from the account at time of billing.
On request, we can provide you with a report of how many people have clicked on your ad.
If you are running more than one ad concurrently, you may also supply an advertising code to identify your ad on your invoices and reports.
We will make reasonable endeavours to ensure that your count of impressions is legitimate: i.e. that it excludes impressions made on page views by site administrators, and page views known to be from search engines. We cannot promise to identify all search engines, but we are able to exclude the very largest.
We permit animated ads as long as we judge these not to be excessively obtrusive, and adhere to the following rules:
- GIF format (we do not currently support Flash)
- Maximum size 200 kbytes
- The interval between slide transitions should be at least 2 seconds. Individual parts of the picture may be animated more quickly if desired.
- Bright colours may be used to draw attention to the ad, but we reserve the right to refuse ads with colours which we feel clash so badly as to damage the overall look of the page.
Please ensure that you have read and understood our commercial terms and conditions.